Monday, June 9, 2014

Starting My New Save File



Not even my first post and I'm already sick of all the gaming references I've made. (Sigh.) Someday I'll get this blogging thing right.

Well, let's jump right in, shall we? Hiya! My name is Nikki (or NikMacPattyWak if you prefer) and without getting too much into it I'm actually coming out of another blog that I wrote under a pen name that I decided to give up for issues pertaining to my Faith. And while I'm on that subject, I am an Evangelical Christian and yes I am quite serious about it and yes I shall be talking about my Faith quite a bit so that's out there for anyone who feels it's relevant.

What else about me?

Hmmmm.....

I write. I write a lot. So much, in fact, that they sent me to college for it! (Don't worry about who "they" is. Seriously.) And I write all types of stuff, my focus lying in children to young adult fiction and comic writing. Right now my two major projects are a middle-grade comic called Braxton's Guide to the Extraordinary and Beyond!, which can be loosely described as a marriage between Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide; and Ed Hutch, a young adult novel about a girl who has a dream about Jesus meeting her in a used car salesman office and a list of people who she must talk too. And who knows, maybe I'll post bits from those up. Or maybe I'll post some short stories. Or maybe I'll just keep talking. Because I like talking. Who doesn't? Talking is great.

Okay, that look in your eyes says that you want to be done with my nonsense so I shall let you go.

For now.

Stats of the Week
Song: So Long Self by MercyMe
Book: Showdown by Ted DeKker
Word: Glory
Quote: "We read to know we're not alone."
~William Nicholson, Shadowlands 

No comments:

Post a Comment